Friday, May 8, 2009

Jake and Amir


I'll admit to not being (or wasn't originally) a big CollegeHumor follower, though I am overly impressed with two of it's writers - Jake Hurwitz and Amir Blumenfield. As an avid fan of sketch comedy I tend to be a fairly tough critic and I am never let down when I go to check out what's new on http://www.jakeandamir.com/. Usually using their own workspace as a backdrop, the two have built themselves into hilarious characters and use unique and outrageous situations to poke fun at through short sketches. The more you watch, the more you understand where they are going with their characters and plotlines (some stories carry over through mulitple sketches). And apparently I'm in love with a blonde out west.
A couple favorite sketches are as follows, and probably not named correctly:
March Madness Part 2
Sick Day 1-3
Scared
Locked Out
Happy Holidays
Internship
Dating Service (my first website viewing - still my favorite)

Safety first.

No comments:

Post a Comment