Wednesday, May 20, 2009


My last post was about great shows that are unappreciated and cancelled far too early. As I was reading the paper this morning, I noticed yet another show, a favorite of mine, that has been cancelled by NBC. "My Name Is Earl" is one of the funnier shows on television. With an amazing cast including Jason Lee and Jaime Pressley, a consistantly hilarious script and the best soundtrack on television, "Earl" kept me engaged and laughing every Thursday night (or whenever I caught it on DVR) amidst other comedies such as "The Office" and "30 Rock". I truly believe Jaime Pressley should be an Emmy winner for her role on the program. Her delivery is amazing and her dialogue hilarious. The entire cast brings about one of the smarter, funnier shows on television - bringing "trailer trash" into our lives on a weekly basis. Each scene is usually accompanied by some of the best classic rock songs around. The sitcom itself is truly a dying breed and "My Name Is Earl" was one of the best out there, most likely to be replaced with a subpar 1/2 hour program that won't make it on to my DVR list. If you have the chance, buy or rent a season of "Earl" and enjoy - you won't be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully ABC or FOX will do the right thing and keep Crabman alive

    ReplyDelete